The various minor leagues tend to have radically different playing conditions. Certain leagues, like the Pacific Coast League, play on average, in terms of run scoring, like Fenway Park or The Ballpark At Arlington. Others play like Citi Field or Petco park. Reasons include everything from the type of player assigned to that league to [...]
Every game, we hear a few platitudes about pitching. Guys who strike fewer batters out get through games more efficiently. Fielders play better behind guys who work quickly. I thought I’d put both of these theories to the test in one post, just on the Yankee level.
Both are a bit hard to test [...]
(Note: All numbers in this post are through games of Tuesday, May 24, and do not include yesterday afternoon’s contest against the Blue Jays, in which he went 0-3 with a walk).
Update [5/26/11 - 7:15AM] – Apparently some folks were having a problem enlarging the pitching flow chart. This should be rectified now!
Special thanks to The Girl Who Loved Andy Pettitte — it was her glorious chart (published about this time last year) that inspired me to make the following two flow charts. Be [...]
For the first time in seemingly forever, the Yankees actually jumped all over a Lefty-They’ve-Never-Seen-Before™ in the form of Jo-Jo Reyes (who only lasted three innings and gave up five runs — now that’s more like it!) and never looked back, taking the rubber game against the Blue Jays 7-3 on a [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
The 2011 season has been a very perplexing one for the Yankees’ offense. Although the team’s lineup has looked futile on so many individual occasions, the aggregate numbers still suggest it is one of the best in baseball. Almost 50 games into the season, [...]
Good afternoon, everyone! It’s a 1 PM start for the Yankees/Jays today in the rubber match of their latest three game set in the Bronx.
Here’s the lineup for today’s match up vs. Jo Jo Reyes, thanks to LoHud:
1. Jeter, SS (Will it work today?!)
2. Granderson, CF (I can has [...]
Our fearful trip is no where near done.
I don’t want to pile on Derek Jeter; I really don’t. I guess I just can’t help it. My dad and I were making a comment about his first at bat after dinner last night and my mother bemoaned our bemoaning. I replied that [...]
If, after being stifled by Ricky Romero for seemingly the 80,000th time, you felt like the game was probably over for the Yankees after the Blue Jays’ ace departed with a 4-1 lead after seven strong frames, it’d be hard to disagree with that sentiment, considering the Yankees were 1-18 when trailing after [...]
Here’s tonight’s lineup against Ricky Romero, c/o LoHud:
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees