Did you know the Yankees are only 1-5 in Friday games thus far in 2011? Obviously that’s incredibly random and will eventually even out, but it’s certainly made the start of the weekends a bit more anxiety-inducing than they might otherwise have been during the first two months of the season.
I’m going to borrow [...]
Nick Swisher is off to a terrible start in 2011, currently worth -0.1 WAR according to Fangraphs (that is, he has been slightly worse than replacement level this entire season). Swish has looked absolutely anemic at the plate, with just 2 home runs for the entire season. While Swisher’s plate discipline is actually [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Baseball is a young man’s game. Nothing drives that point home more than watching an aging superstar slowly lose his skills. Even though extraordinary figures like Nolan Ryan, Mariano Rivera, Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens seem to defy the [...]
Joe Pawlikowski of RAB made an excellent point yesterday that impacts how we might evaluate a player’s statistics in 2011:
There is another question to ask, though. Are the Yankees actually bad with runners in scoring position? The answer might seem like an obvious yes, but we can’t answer that question without first [...]
Before I start this article on relievers, let’s put our focus (again) on David Robertson, but this time for a different reason. As you all know, David hails from Alabama, one of the many regions in the country that’s been ravaged by tornadoes in the last month or so. If you didn’t know, [...]
Oh, to be the Seattle Mariners.
With a rotation fronted by the best pitcher in the American League, Felix Hernandez, Seattle’s starters posted the second-best ERA in the AL in 2010 (behind Oakland), at 3.83.
This season their rotation has nearly taken more than three-quarters of a run off that cumulative ERA, with [...]
After Wednesday’s victory over the Blue Jays, Alex Rodriguez is batting .287/.360/.503 with nine home runs. The once washed-up, no-power, surgically repaired Russell Martin is hitting .266/.370/.504 with nine home runs. Russell Martin has gotten off to a better start (albeit slightly) than A-Rod. How did this happen? Can he [...]
Fellow Yankee blogger Lenny Neslin, creator of LenNY’s Yankees, was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to chat with Bernie Williams on the phone last night and posted the interview on his site. Be sure to head on over there to listen to Lenny’s chat with the former Yankee great.
Fangraphs released a new baserunning statistic earlier this week. I’ll let MGL explain:
Base running linear weights or base running runs, or Ultimate Base Running (UBR), is similar to the outfield arm portion of UZR. Whatever credit (positive or negative) is given to an outfielder based on a runner hold, advance, or kill on [...]
The draft counter continues to wind down, with about 2 weeks to go. Here are the corner infield and catching prospects that SHOULD be available in the supplemental round. Rumors continue to come in and circulate and I’ll post anything concerning the Yankees. So here are some general names to get familiar with.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees