Last night, Marc Carig published a post with something in it that always draws my interest. He discussed A-Rod reviewing video and possibly identifying what’s been ailing him at the plate. For whatever reason, I always love to hear about players and teams using video to catch things. Maybe I’m so drawn to it because it’s one of those things that I’ll likely never see.
While I have access to replays and can slow them down, replay them over and over again, etc., I’ll likely never have access to the same sort of video study that the players and coaches do. I think that highlights something we discuss occasionally: the information gap between us and the team. It’s a given that the team has more information on just about everything than we do, and this type of video study is definitely on that list.
There’s another part of that information gap, too. It’s not in the information itself, but in the analysis. You and I could probably watch video of a player swinging or throwing over and over again and make some obvious points, but the things Kevin Long and Alex Rodriguez found in that video are probably on such an acute, detailed level that you and I could not pick them up without having them pointed out for us.
It’s a hard thing to quantify, but I can’t recall many players who have as much baseball awareness as Alex Rodriguez. He may make a physical error every so often, just like everyone, but he rarely makes a mental mistake and always seems to know what to do on defense and on the base paths. He also seems very self-aware when he’s going poorly and usually knows what to do to correct it. Hopefully, the correction is coming soon. A hot Alex usually means a hot Yankee team.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees