Uber-prospect Jesus Montero had a rather unfortunate incident this afternoon. I’ll let Donnie Collins of the Scranton Wilkes-Barres Times fill you in on the details:
UPDATE, 3:50: Montero just took a foul ball off the cup. That is just an awful, awful feeling (take it from someone who caught growing up). People think the cup protects that area, but if you get hit there, forget it. There’s still a lot of pain. Montero is on his back now. Looks like he got shot.
UPDATE, 3:53: That’s a scary scene involving Montero. He was helped to his feet, and his knees buckled. That’s as much pain as I’ve ever seen any player in on the baseball field.
Not the type of gift you’d hope to receive on Easter. Donnie went on to say that he was still in some serious pain both in the stomach and groin area after the game, and manager Dave Miley said they’ll have to wait and see how he’s doing tomorrow before getting him back in a game.
In other Yankee news, Rafael Soriano has a stiff back, which explains why he wasn’t available today and Mo was called upon for a 4 out save in April. On that count, Girardi said it’s something he tries to stay away from, but since he hadn’t pitched since Tuesday he felt it wasn’t too much to ask. All the rain outs and off days are why Russell Martin played a day game after a night game, which you won’t see very much of going forward. After today’s performance, Freddy Garcia is in the rotation until further notice.
Now that you’re up to date on today’s Yankee news, use this baby for your open thread to discuss whatever you like. Talk about the
Knicks Rangers today’s Yankee win, or whatever else you like.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees