Via Twitter (h/t RAB) comes word that Hector Noesi, who we discussed quite a bit this winter (here’s what I had to say about Hector back at the beginning of February), has been called up to the Show to replace Luis Ayala on the roster.
Noesi is a control artist, who has posted microscopic BB/9 rates throughout his minor league career, but like many who rely on pinpoint accuracy, Noesi is susceptible to getting touched up if he isn’t locating. Noesi was one of several Yankee minor league starters who broke out last year, as he posted a 3.10 ERA/2.99 FIP with a 1.64 BB/9 over 17 games (16 starts) in AA, and a 4.82 ERA/3.20 FIP (1.93 BB/9) in 18 AAA innings.
So far in 2011 he’s made one five-inning start at AAA in which he gave up two earned runs and walked two.
Noesi seems a somewhat unexpected choice for the Major Legaue ‘pen, given that many assumed he’d continue his development path at AAA as a starter, but this certainly isn’t the first time and won’t be the last the Yankees bring a young starter up to get their feet wet in relief. Without knowing how long Ayala is expected to be out, it’s possible this could be a fairly brief stay with the big league club, but if Noesi does in fact get into a few games it’ll be exciting to see how he fares.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees