Until the unfortunate “ball meets balls” incident, Jesus Montero was still raking albeit still without any walks. He’ll miss a few games to nurse his “situation” back to health… Justin Maxwell has been on fire. The way he’s getting on base and his streak of HRs is pretty impressive. The strikeouts also are really impressive. This is a guy with a lot of holes in his swing and the 49% K rate tells you all you need to know… As Mike Axisa points out, Kevin Whelan has been pitching pretty well for Scranton. He’s benefited from some BABIP luck it looks like so far but the K rate is substantial.
So far, Austin Romine has been a bit better with taking some base on balls in 2011. That’s a good sign and hopefully he’ll be able to keep that going. Brian Anderson has looked good in the handful of innings he’s thrown so far… Manny Banuelos is also starting to round into form as his blister problem recedes
Luke Murton hasn’t slowed down much since the beginning of the year. Ditto on Walter Ibarra who has turned in a nice few weeks for Tampa. Chase Whitley has been exactly as advertised, the polished reliever who is likely to move quickly. Although Jairo Heredia has given up some runs so far, his peripheral numbers are strong to this point… Jose Ramirez is getting the strikeouts but has had some command issues…Brett Marshall still isn’t clicking on all cylinders quite yet…
Slade Heathcott continues to be great. Since we last checked in, he’s continued to both hit well and take some more walks but has still struck out quite a bit. Ramon Flores continues to open eyes and impress with his plate discipline. With Kyle Roller, Rob Segedin and J.R. Murphy all hitting well, the Charleston offense is really clicking… Tommy Kahnle has also been as advertised although has had problems with control. Michael O’Brien has probably been one of the best pitchers in the system performance wise the first few weeks of the season… Zach Nuding, a 2010 draft pick has also performed very well so far.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees