The minor league season has been rolling for about a week now. Here are some quick leaderboards, all from Fangraphs, so we can see how everyone has been doing. Again, it’s just one short of one weeks worth of data so the usual caveats apply.
Jesus Montero has been swinging a hot bat early, although he hasn’t taken a single walk yet. Greg Golson is experiencing a nice little start to his year as is Jordan Parraz…Hector Noesi is already in New York and the rest of the Scranton staff struggled in their first outing of the year.
Cody Johnson has certainly been as advertised so far, huh? Austin Romine hasn’t done a ton of hitting but has taken a few walks so far…Melky Mesa has provided the pop the first week for Trenton, it’ll be interesting to see how he fares playing at home for the first time- the place eats up home runs…Steve Garrison who was actually born in Trenton, displayed some good control in his first two starts which is par for the course- the lefty has a career 2.2 BB/9 rate.
Robert Lyerly is tearing the cover off the ball right now and Abraham Almonte is off to a nice start as well. Kyle Higashioka is still proving he can take a walk and still proving he cannot hit. Chase Whitley, the 2010 draftee, has gotten knocked about a bit but has struck out 7 in 3.2 innings so far, which is always nice to see….Brett Marshall hasn’t hit the ground running but 2 starts does not a season make…Jairo Heredia is pitching well, we’ll see how long that keeps up.
Charleston in the first week has looked like the offensive talent we thought it could be…Slade Heathcott hasn’t drawn a walk but has hit well none the less…Ramon Flores has looked awfully impressive so far as well…Kyle Roller and his .650 BABIP is funny…Kelvin De Leon is hitting well and striking out just as well…JR Murphys huge night hasn’t been updated on Fangraphs as of yet but according to Baseball Reference it has him up to .310/.322/.655 which is nice…Tommy Kahnle who was also a 2010 draftee probably won’t be around for very long.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees