UPDATE, 4:14pm: Apparently Hughes is not heading to AAA, but rather the disabled list with a dead arm (h/t Marc Carig).
Original post, 4:08pm: Via Brian Costello:
So, that was quick. After three unsuccessful starts, Phil Hughes has been optioned back down to AAA Scranton Wilkes-Barre. There is pretty much no possible way to put a positive spin on 2011 for Phil so far, but this is a bit surprising. Considering how much faith they’ve had in Phil for the last few years, I thought he definitely bought himself another start. Good luck in the International League, Phil. I hope you can find that velocity.
Lance Pendleton, a fourth round pick by the Yankees in 2005, has six minor league seasons under his belt (counting 2011). He was a Rule V pick this year, but the Astros retruned him in late March. He’s pitched in 104 G (88 starts) and has decent numbers. His ERA sits at 3.37, he’s got okay control (3.32 BB/9), good strikeout numbers (8.0 K/9), and a great HR rate (0.5 HR/9).
This opens up a spot in the rotation and a spot in the bullpen. If I had to put my money on replacements, I’d say we’ll see Hector Noesi take the rotation spot with Pendleton taking the second long man’s spot. A corresponding 40 man roster move should come soon, and common sense dictates that we’ll see Pedro Feliciano shifted over to the 60-day disabled list. Good luck in the Bronx, Lance. And get well soon, Phil.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees