Buck Showalter sure got dumb in a hurry, huh? After having the best record in baseball since taking over the O’s late last July and getting off to a 6-1 start this year, the Charm City crew has fallen on hard times, losing 7 in a row and 8 of their last 10. But that’s just baseball, Suzyn. One thing you know about a team managed by Buck, they will show up ready to play. That hasn’t always been the case with Baltimore in recent years. Is it just me, or does it seem like the Yanks haven’t played in forever? Between the bad weather, Knicks and Rangers (sorry) in the playoffs, and an insanely busy week for me at work, it feels like the All Star Break came 3 months early this year. But baseball is back, good weather is on the way and the Yanks are still the only team in the AL East with a winning record. Life is good. Here’s today’s lineup:
Derek Jeter SS
Curtis Granderson CF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Jorge Posada DH
Russell Martin C
Brett Gardner LF
Pitching for the Yanks is CC Sabathia facing the Orioles Brad Bergesen.
Just to give you guys a quick update on today’s Yankee news. CC felt a bit under the weather yesterday, but says he would have pitched and is “ready to go” tonight. That could mean a quick hook tonight by Girardi. Yankee rotation is set for the next few days, with Garcia going tomorrow, then AJ, Nova and Colon set to face the White Sox. Phil Hughes threw a bullpen, said he felt good and is slated to pitch a rehab start in Scranton this Thursday. Kevin Millwood pitched again in AAA this afternoon and had a nice start, giving up just 2 ER and 7 hits over 7 IP. But scouts say his fastball was sitting in the 85-86 MPH range, topping out at 89. I suppose if Nova gets shelled in his next start the Yanks could give Millwood a look-see, but frankly I don’t see the point.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees