-AJ Burnett was named the #2 starter, which makes Hughes the #3. If Ivan Nova’s new found slider is for real, he could out pitch both of them. Especially the first few months of the year when teams haven’t seen it yet. A slider raises Nova’s ceiling substantially. He can back door lefty batters for called 3rd strikes and bust righty batters in on the hands for weak grounders. If he works low in the zone, he’ll be very effective and pile up innings.
-Your tax dollars at work
-Brian Cashman announced yesterday that rotation decisions are coming soon. While we all know spring training shouldn’t be taken too seriously, but the team will be placing more weight on recent starts than earlier ones, since pitchers tend to be ahead of hitters in early camp and most of the low level minor leaguers have been weeded out by now. That’s bad news for Freddy Garcia, and Colon’s next start could clinch him the #5 spot in the rotation.
-Another head scratching trade for Tony Reagins. Between Kazmir, the Vernon Wells deal and the Gary Matthews Jr contract, he’s arguably the worst GM in baseball.
-Freddy Garcia has no intention of being sent down to AAA:
“It’s like, what am I supposed to do in Triple-A?” Garcia said. “I’m 34 years old, I’ve been in the big leagues for a long time. There’s nothing to go to Triple-A to prove. It’s make the team or not.”
It doesn’t matter anyway. If the team really likes him, you could always DL Sergio Mitre and hang onto Freddy for a few weeks in April and see what happens. If you really don’t like what you’ve seen, you just cut him loose.
-Mark Prior hit 94 on the gun yesterday
-Larry over at IATMS penned a terrific post explaining why Banuelos isn’t ready to pitch in the major leagues yet. He may be ready in terms of maturity and stuff, but he’s just not ready physically. Wherever you stand on Manny Banny, give it a read.
-Jake Peavy is ready for Opening Day.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees