-At long last, we should finally get a look at Andrew Brackman in a game within the next few days. There’s still time for him to compete for a spot in the rotation, though his most likely destination will be to open the season in AAA. Despite all the attention Banuelos and Betances have garnered, Brackman is the only Killer B who has a realistic shot to crack the Yankee rotation this year. Manny and Dellin will have innings limits of around 140 innings for this season.
-Everyone reported A-Rod gushing over how impressed he was by Manny Banuelos, likening him to a young Johan Santana. But Peter Gammons passed along part two of what Alex said about Banuelos, which is the side of sports most fans don’t see:
Rodriguez insists on telling Banuelos’ story. “You should know the kind of kid he is,” says A-Rod. “He was making $600 a month last year and sending $350 of it home to his mother and grandmother, who are poor. He cares about them, not himself. He’ll be a favorite of yours for years.”
-The Gorgen twins both have Tommy John surgery within 6 months of each other. Despite all the efforts to protect pitcher’s health, you can’t minimize the impact of simple genetics.
-Mark Teixeira fires Scott Boras as his agent.
“From the time I was a rookie, people started talking about my free agent contract,” Teixeira said. “Hey, that’s the world I live in. Unfortunately, it took away from a lot of the things I did on the field. At times I felt like I was Mark Teixeira, Scott Boras client, instead of Mark Teixeira, baseball player.”
Color me unimpressed. It would have been a much more bold statement had he done it before Scott got him his free agent contract in 08, not after. It’s easy to look like a big hero and dump Boras now, after Scott got him the biggest payday of his life. If he was really that worried about his image, he would have hired someone like Leigh Steinberg 10 years ago.
-Nice interview by Marc Carig with Kevin Long, who has an instructional book on hitting coming out April 26th.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees