Per John Heyman’s twitter, the Yankees are close to reaching an agreement with RHP Kevin Millwood on an “incentive-laden minor league contract.” A little over a month ago, it was reported that Millwood had rejected a minor league deal from the Yankees, and was seeking a major league deal worth several million. [...]
Alright, alright. Another league is set up for anyone else who did not get in. I don’t even know why you’re bothering to sign up though, as none of you have any real chance to win. Anyway, vaya con dios, as Jonny Utah would say. This doubles as an [...]
Yesterday, the Twins announced that Kevin Slowey would begin the season in the bullpen serving as a longman, and various reports suggested that Slowey can be obtained for relief help. This prompted Dave Cameron of Fangraphs to say the following:
This guy ranks 56th in ERA among starters (again, 400 [...]
Recently in a very entertaining interview with Men’s Journal, Buck Showalter made some bold remarks.
“The first time we went to Yankee Stadium, I screamed at Derek Jeter from the dugout. Our guys are thinking, ‘Wow, he’s screaming at Derek Jeter.’ Well, he’s always jumping back from balls just off the [...]
This is a guest post from friend-of-the-blog Joe R., who can be found at @JoeRo23 on Twitter. It is a long post, but I encourage you to read it in its entirety, as Joe raises a very interesting hypothetical that should make for some fun discussion.
This piece is a more comprehensive examination of an [...]
Hello, hello. Be sure to join us for this week’s TYA live chat. The event will take place this Friday (3/25) at 4:00 PM EST. The topic remains the same — Yankees, Yankees, and more Yankees. Look forward to seeing you there!
This recently came up in Frank Piliere’s chat on Fangraphs:
I think this is a very interesting question. If we compare Phil Hughes after 2007 and Manuel Banuelos now, I think I have to disagree with Piliere. I don’t doubt that Banuelos has better stuff than Hughes does [...]
An interesting note was passed along the Twitter/Blogosphere last night after Phil Hughes‘ performance in a game against the Blue Jays–Hughes allowed eight hits and three runs with no walks and seven strikeouts. Anyway, it appears that Hughes has altered the grip on his cutter:
Phil Hughes had seven strikeouts [...]
As obsessed as I am with baseball, I don’t have the time, interest or wherewithal to keep on top of amateur players outside of what I read on Yankee blogs; as such, Trevor Bauer was a name I admittedly wasn’t familiar with prior to last week.
I only came across Bauer because I am apparently [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees