(A daily recapping of the news and notes via Twitter that may be of interest to Yankee fans and baseball fans alike)
Ledger_Yankees MLB announces Eliseo Batista of the Yankees’ Dominican Summer League team has [...]
On every weeknight during Spring Training, one of the TYA writers will post a trivia question as the nightly open thread. The blog administrators will keep track of the winners, and the commenter with the most correct answers will win a prize that has yet to be decided upon. The answers will be posted in [...]
With the Yankee 25-man roster more or less figured out, I thought I would take a look at who the potential minor league fill-ins at each position are likely to be if injury or ineffectiveness strike Yankee regulars or bench players.
1b: Should anything happen to Mark Teixeira, Eric Chavez (assuming he makes the [...]
Is everyone’s bracket busted yet? Let’s take some time from the NCAA tourney for a little Yankee talk.
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Ever since (and even before) the ink dried on his contract extension, there has been a lot of talk about “moving” Derek Jeter, whether it be down in the batting order or to one of the corner positions on the field. So, not [...]
It looks like the Yankees and Joe Torre have finally buried the hatchet (via Bryan Hoch):
Though the relationship between Torre and the Yankees seemed frosty at first, especially after Torre and co-author Tom Verducci collaborated on a book, “The Yankee Years,” the thawing process began last year when Torre attended the [...]
The only remaining argument of Spring Training, aside from the back of the rotation, seems to be what to do with the leadoff spot. Granted, it’s not THAT much of a debate. Joe Girardi keeps hinting that he’d like to have Brett Gardner be the leadoff guy, but we all know it’s going [...]
During the 2009-2010 offseason, when it became apparent that the Tigers will willing to trade Curtis Granderson, the Yankees reviewed their system and determined that Austin Jackson‘s best-case scenario would be turning into Granderson, and therefore decided to trade future potential for the already-established model.
Granderson had come off a [...]
Ken Rosenthal passes along an interesting lil’ tidbit from former Padres and current Arizona Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers. If this was a quote from an anonymous scout I would just call it one man’s opinion and not give it a second look, but Towers is well known in baseball circles for his expertise on pitching. [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees