(A daily recapping of the news and notes via Twitter that may be of interest to Yankee fans. Or at least those that are to this one)
On every weeknight throughout the year, one of the TYA writers will post a trivia question as the nightly open thread. The blog administrators will keep track of the winners, and the commenter with the most correct answers will win a prize that has yet to be decided upon. The answers will be posted in [...]
With Opening Day just two weeks away, the Yankees are closing in on decision-making time regarding their two open starter slots. At this point, I would be very surprised if Freddy Garcia did not win one of those spots, as he has the best track record of the candidates and would [...]
B. April 19, 1991
H/W 6’2”, 175 lbs.
Hailing from the state that was “first in flight”, Mitchell was drafted by the Yankees in 2009 in the 16th round for 800,000 dollars. Originally destined to become a Tar Heel, Mitchell was a two way player in high school that was [...]
In something of a departure for me, I’m going to eschew any advanced analysis and take a cursory, unscientific look at the numbers the Yankees have put up thus far during spring training. All the usual caveats apply — pitchers are more concerned with stuff than results, hitters’ batting lines are partially comprised of numbers [...]
Spring Training means many things. It means the snow is melting (well, mostly). It means I have a non-political reason to pay attention to what goes in in Arizona and Florida. It means, above all things, hope and hype. We know all about the former and the mythology that goes along with it. Perhaps mythology [...]
This post is the second in a four-part series taking a deep, pitchFX-fueled look at each of the five pitches Phil Hughes threw during the 2010 season. Please be sure to reference the previous entry as well before, during or after you read this latest post:
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees