Hello, hello. Be sure to join us for this week’s Yankee Analysts live chat. The event will take place this Friday (2/25) at 3:00 PM EST. The topic remains the same — Yankees, Yankees, and more Yankees. We look forward to seeing you there!
In the past, I’ve toyed with the idea of a prospect rating system with a core structure borrowed from Hockey’s Future’s rating system, with some cosmetics borrowed from Project Prospect. I like the rating system because instead of just giving a prospect an overall rating (Sickels’ grading or Kevin [...]
Both Robinson Cano and Brett Gardner had the best years of their respective careers in 2010. Gardner posted a .358 wOBA and Cano posted a .389 mark. For Gardner, it was a 21 point increase over 2009 and for Cano, it was a 12 point increase over his previous career high [...]
“We’ll continue to talk about our lineup and how guys fit in,” Girardi said. “Right now we don’t expect a ton of changes. We’ve talked about some things internally that we might try to do. I don’t [...]
On every weeknight throughout the year, one of the TYA writers will post a trivia question as the nightly open thread. The blog administrators will keep track of the winners, and the commenter with the most correct answers will win a prize that has yet to be decided upon. The answers will be posted in [...]
As the season approaches I’m going to analyze the 2010 performance of every major player on the Yankees to draw attention to things to watch for from these players in 2011. I’ll be organizing these posts by position, publishing a single post for each position on the field, each starting pitcher, and the bullpen. I’ll be moving [...]
Spring training games are slated to begin on Friday and I think I speak for everyone when I say, it’s about f***ing time. Of course because I’m a sad little human being, I’ll probably be watching for how the prospects in camp perform more than anything else. Here are some things you [...]
You wouldn’t know it by the current state of the MLB Yankees rotation, but the team is on the verge of having a major pitching surplus. The organization will begin 2011 with 9 legitimate starting pitching prospects in the high minor leagues, plus at least two more up-and-comers in High-A ball. Furthermore, by my count [...]
Every season I’ve one this blogging thing, I’ve done a six part series on which players–one from each team–are going to be worth watching this year. Sometimes it’s a hot shot prospect, sometimes it’s a veteran looking to reclaim past glory, sometimes it’s just a guy I like. I’ll start, as I always do, in [...]
Ever since losing out on Cliff Lee, panicked Yankee fans have spent the remainder of the winter looking for alternatives to Sergio Mitre in the starting rotation. In fact, over at RAB, the only qualification a pitcher needs to have to be worth kicking the tires on is being better than [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees