This time of year, there’s so many little items that don’t require a full post but are interesting nonetheless. For the items that catch my eye, I’ll fold them into one weekend post where I can weigh in on them and we can discuss them further in the comment section. With that being said, [...]
Thursday’s question: Which team had the most hitters with 5 or more WAR in a single season? How many hitters was it? Who were they?
Answer: The 1939 yankees with Bill Dickey, Joe DiMaggio, Joe Gordon, Charlie Keller, Red Rolfe, and George Selkirk.
Today’s Trivia Question: In 2010, Brett Gardner was tied (with Carl Crawford) [...]
The Yankees kicked their 2011 Grapefruit League schedule off this afternoon against the 2011 World Series Champion (too soon?) Phillies, losing 5-4. Rather than author my regular comprehensive and authoritative game recap, given the whole exhibitioness of it all I wanted to share a few bullet point observations:
- Bartolo Colon threw [...]
After pitchers and catchers report, the next milestone before the regular season begins is that first Spring Training broadcast. It’s a chance to take that winter chill out out of your bones, and dream of the long, languid summer days to come. It happens today on YES (also WCBS radio 880) at 1:05 this afternoon [...]
In light of the recent release of EJ’s excellent Top 30 list (and new grading methods) and Baseball America’s Top 100, I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to delve a little deeper into the traditional scouting scale. Often, when reading a scouting report of a prospect, you’ll see something [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
As Moshe Mandel covered in detail yesterday afternoon, Brett Gardner has made improving his bunting skills a priority during spring training. Hopefully, that means more drag bunts for base hits and not maddening sacrifices when the team can [...]
The Live Chat is currently in progress. Topics will cover anything and everything Yankee related. Be sure to click the link below to join in.
Ben Lindbergh of Baseball Prospectus ran an interesting post this week regarding the promotion of prospects. I strongly encourage that you click through and read it, as it provides some interesting data on how many innings or at-bats teams give to prospects before calling them up, and begins to examine whether prospect advancement strategies [...]
Yesterday, I posted a piece musing on whether or not Mark Buehrle and/or Chris Carpenter would be come available during the season and whether or not the Yankees should be interested in trading for either one. For the purpose of this post, let’s assume they both are available and the Yankees are interested in [...]
Mark Teixeira was everything the Yankees hoped for in 2009. He led the AL in home runs and RBI, with 39 and 122 respectively, while batting .292/.383/.565, on his way to a 5.4 fWAR season. Despite this excellent performance, it was obvious even in his first season in pinstripes that Teixeira has [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees