Well, that was a fun week, huh? Thank you to everyone who stopped by and helped make our first week at The Yankee Analysts a resounding success! We published 27 posts this week (and received nearly 300 comments on those posts, so thank you again!), and given that level of frequency it’s possible you may have missed some of our fine work, so here is a smattering of some of the excellent pieces that our talented staff churned out this week:
Sean P. wrote an excellent prospect profile on righthander Brett Marshall,who E.J. also noted as one of five Yankee prospects to watch this spring. E.J. also profiled Adam Warren, and offered a more optimistic view on prospects compared to Sean’s glass-half-empty look.
William wrote what has to be one of the most authoritative pieces around on the Yankees’ long spring training history and also offered a cautionary tale drawing parallels between Ron Guidry and Joba Chamberlain.
Steve S. parsed Brian Cashman’s comments regarding Joba Chamberlain not being guaranteed a job, as well as the fact that Dellin Betances and Manuel Banuelos won’t be making the team out of spring training.
Moshe had a very busy week looking at catcher defense, warning us not to put too much stock in the various projection systems, pondering whether the Yankees should make changes in the radio booth and reminding everyone that the Yankees — despite what you may have heard — are going to be just fine in 2011.
And Matt Warden, Mike and I kicked off our 2011 previews of the Yankees’ American League foes, with looks at the Tampa Bay Rays, Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles. Matt also posted Part 1 of his Over- and Underachievers for 2011, Mike kicked the tires on Kevin Millwood and Edwin Jackson, and I took a deeper analytical look at Mike Mussina than I ever had before.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees