After pitchers and catchers report, the next milestone before the regular season begins is that first Spring Training broadcast. It’s a chance to take that winter chill out out of your bones, and dream of the long, languid summer days to come. It happens today on YES (also WCBS radio 880) at 1:05 this afternoon with the Yanks facing the Phillies. No, Cliff Lee will not be starting for the Phils. Bartolo Colon will be on the bump for the Yanks, facing Cole Hamels for the Phiilies. The game will be played at Steinbrenner Field in Tampa, and the Boss will be honored with a pregame ceremony. A video tribute will play on the outfield scoreboard, granddaughter Haley Swindal will sing the national anthem and servicemen will unfurl a giant American Flag in the outfield. Joe Girardi has yet to reveal the Yankee lineup, but said he will start his regulars minus Russell Martin. Andrew Brackman is also scratched with a minor groin injury. After Colon goes 2 innings (or 35 pitches) the Yanks will pitch Joba Chamberlain, David Robertson, Hector Noesi and Eric Wordekemper.
Here’s the Phillies lineup:
- Jimmy Rollins SS
- Ross Gload DH
- Raul Ibanez LF
- Ryan Howard 1B
- Ben Francisco CF
- Domonic Brown RF
- Jeff Larish 3B
- Brian Schneider C
- Wilson Valdez 2B
Vance Worley, Ryan Feierabend, Brian Schlitter and Mike Zagurski also are scheduled to pitch after Hamels. Chase Utley will miss the opener with “lingering soreness”, whatever that means.
Update: Here’s the Yankee lineup, courtesy of LoHud:
For the full schedule of YES and WCBS-880 broadcasts this spring click here.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees