One area of sabermetric analysis that is still very much in its “rough draft” stage is the effort to measure defense. Even popular statistics such as UZR have plenty of detractors, and it seems that little agreement will be reached on this issue until Field f/x provides more accurate data to build statistics [...]
Hello, hello. Be sure to join Matt I, Will J, and me for the first Yankee Analysts live chat. The event will take place this Friday (2/18) at 3:00 PM EST. Although there’s a new cast of characters, the topic remains the same — Yankees, Yankees, and more Yankees. We look forward to seeing you [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
For 16 years, Tampa has been the Yankees’ spring training home, but it still seems like just yesterday when the team’s camp was located down the coast in Ft. Lauderdale. I am sure most fans who grew up in the 1970s and 1980s still reflexively [...]
Yesterday, Sean offered some commentary about the success rate of prospects:
Entering 2011, the Yankees farm system is in pretty good shape. With a lot of the consensus top 10 picks in the AA- AAA range, many Yankee fans have high expectations. While I think that optimism is certainly well founded, I also think [...]
Reader John Wood writes:
“It would be fun to see what is an acceptable slash line for positions and batting orders. For example, for 1B, is .275/.340/400 considered good? For a leadoff hitter, what about .290/.380/.395? Where do our boys fit?
Thanks for the question, John. I’m going to answer it semi-scientifically. What I’m going [...]
RAB recently reported that the Yankees are still considering adding Kevin Millwood to the team’s 2011 rotation. For those who don’t know, Millwood was awful in 2010. Larry covered his performance earlier this year, but, in short, Millwood posted an 83 ERA+ over 190.2 innings, just about what the [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees