-Terrific interview of Brian Cashman by Josh Norris of the Trentonian. The Montero quote is getting all the attention, but there’s some real good stuff in there on how the Yanks draft, valuing relievers, and how they handle their top prospects. If you’re someone who likes to follow the prospects, I’d bookmark that link for the upcoming season.
-Ex-Yankee Russ Springer retires. It’s amazing how long this guy played. He was drafted by the Yanks in 7th round of the 1989 draft out of LSU, had a cup of coffee with the team in 1992 and was traded (with Jerry Nielsen and J.T. Snow) to the California Angels for Jim Abbott the following year.
-What part of these two quotes doesn’t match?
Brian Cashman from last week’s WFAN breakfast:
“He’s our DH, period.”
“I’ll catch. I’ll catch this year,” Posada said. “You know, I’ll DH and then they’re going to want me to catch one of those days, stuff like that.
Oh boy. This is not going to be fun. Jorge also apparently thinks he’s the GM.
-Nice to see Joel Sherman back in business after a long winter break. He ranks the off seasons of all 30 MLB teams, and unsurprisingly the Yanks wind up in the bottom third. Not sure what else Cashman could have done, but a low ranking is fair and appropriate.
-If you haven’t done so already, make sure you check out the three new weekend writers over at RAB. TYU readers will already be familiar with Stephen R. (Rhoads) with Brock Cohen and Hannah Erlich excellent additions as well. Three very distinct writings styles, all good reads in their own way.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees