Diving right in
I don’t feel strongly either way on this, honestly. On a minor league deal, sure, why not? I think almost anyone is worth a minor league deal for depth. I would expect literally nothing out of Bonderman at this point. It’s also worth noting as friend of the blog @SteveH_MandAura pointed out, Jeremy Bonderman is essentially Sergio Mitre.
Again, I’m not feeling strongly either way. I’ve been in support of Scott Hairston for most of the off season, and I’ll stick to that. Jones, however, did have a .402 wOBA against LHP in 2010 as well has been a plus UZR defender on the corners for the last two seasons.
That link also includes a bit from John Heyman saying the Yankees could sign Rafael Soriano as part of a ‘shutdown bullpen’ should Andy Pettitte retire. I expressed this sentiment previously, but I’ll remind you of my stance on this again: I do not think having a “shutdown bullpen” can do that much to make up for an average or below average starting rotation. The worse the rotation is, the less the bullpen matters. Soriano’s unattractive to me two main reasons. He’s going to require a commitment of at least three years, which is unsettling when it comes to relievers. He’s also going to be paid closer money while not closing for at least two of those seasons. And, at the end of those two non-closing seasons, there is absolutely no guarantee that he’ll be healthy enough or effective enough to close.
I’m tempted to say no to either one of these guys right away. But at the same time, neither one could be THAT much worse than Sergio Mitre. It’s worth noting that Millwood can eat some innings–but that’s about it–and that Garcia has good control, though he’s had trouble keeping the ball in the park the last few years. Unless it’s a minor league deal, I’d pass on these guys.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees