Surprising news tonight emerges courtesy of John Heyman (who has gotten a bad rap this offseason, but deserves credit for reporting the “mystery team” in on Cliff Lee as well as breaking this news), who broke the news that the Yankees have reportedly signed Tampa closer Rafael Soriano to a 3-year deal for around [...]
Thanks to everyone for their warm welcomes and hospitality. I’m sure I’ll be receiving your deepest and most virulent filled e-mails within days and alienating scores of you in just a few paragraphs, but thank you. Also should you come across any grammatical mistakes, spelling or anything of that sort, be kind enough to send [...]
Tom Verducci released his “Verducci Effect” candidates this week, and Phil Hughes and Ivan Nova made the list. For those who are unfamiliar, Verducci has concluded that pitchers 25 years old and younger who see a workload jump of at least 30 innings in one season are at greater risk of injury than their [...]
As you’ve probably heard, Andy Pettitte will not be pitching in 2011 (glove slap RAB). The first thing that ran through your head was probably a stream of expletives. Now, more than any time this offseason, we want the Yankees to make a move. Sign someone. Trade for someone. Do SOMETHING to help [...]
I’m extremely honored to present the first player interview in Yankeeist history, as former Bomber backstop John Ellis was generous enough to share some of his time with me to talk baseball.John debuted in the Bigs with the Yankees in 1969 and enjoyed a successful career highlighted by longevity. John’s contributions [...]
I haven’t chimed in all that much on the Andy Pettitte saga, as there’s only so much speculating one can do about a man’s decision to continue to play baseball or stay home with his family, but the story in today’s Daily News compelled me to comment.
Brian Cashman added a bit of clarity to the seemingly never ending drama regarding Andy Pettitte’s return to pinstripes. Reporters caught up with him at the owner’s meetings yesterday, and the NY Daily News has the report:
“I don’t think he’s determined if he’s officially finished or not, but [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees