-Jon Heyman still pushing the idea that there’s a “mystery team” involved in the Cliff Lee sweepstakes. Yawn. Whenever you hear an agent push the idea that there’s a unnamed team involved, it’s usually a ploy to gain more leverage for his client. Remember the ‘mystery team’ that was after Manny Ramirez all winter two years ago? Boras wound up taking his client all the way to the middle of spring training and eventually signing the Dodgers initial offer. Always remember that as a rule, the highest offer lands the player with few exceptions. All reports have the Yanks with the highest offer. If I had to bet the rent money, Lee’s a Yankee.
-Old friend Hideki Matsui looks like he’s found a home for next year, and good for him.
-Nice writeup by Mike Axisa over at RAB breaking down Mark Buehrle, for those of you who’ve been wondering about him as a plan B for either Lee or Pettitte. Whether it’s Buehrle or Derek Lowe, I have trouble targeting ground ball pitchers with the Yankee left side of the infield as old and slow as it is. As a rule, the Yanks target guys who miss bats, and neither of those guys do .
-Looks like Roger hasn’t been missing many meals. And ‘Goodfellas 2′? Somewhere a shark just sprained a fin making that leap.
-According to WEEI’s Rob Bradford, Mariano Rivera’s agent initiated contact with the Red Sox. Which is another way of saying Fern Cuza was doing his job. This may be an attempt by the Red Sox brass to smooth over things a bit with the always-combustible Paps, or simply an honest answer to a direct question. Either way, it’s meaningless.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees