From Mark Feinsand:
2:45: Jeter on who he was angry with: “I’m not going to point the finger at anyone. As you can see now, we’re one big happy family.”
2:43: “Jeter: “The thing that probably bothered me the most was how public this became. … It was not an enjoyable experience. … I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t angry about how some of this went.”
I understand Derek’s anger at how the negotiations went, and noted on a few occasions that the Yankees would have been better served keeping most of what was said private. That said, much like his request for 5 years and 100+ million dollars or Casey Close’s “baffled” comment, many of the things that were said were simply negotiating ploys intended to put pressure on the Jeter camp. We can argue about whether these tactics worked, but both sides need to look at what happened much like an arbitration case. In arbitration situation, the team often skewers the player so as to argue that he does not deserve the salary he is asking for. It may not feel good, but players tend to realize that it is part of the process and eventually move on. Hopefully, Derek can accept the fact that much of what was said was exaggerated so as to gain negotiating position, and he can go back to being the face of the franchise.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees