Former Yankee pitching coach Dave Eiland has found himself employment, but not somewhere Yankee fans will be happy about. Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News has the details:
Dave Eiland is back in the AL East. The former Yankee pitching coach was named a special assistant for Tampa Bay Wednesday. He’ll work in scouting and player development for the Rays, the team he pitched for from 1998-2000.
Eiland’s duties will include amateur, minor-league and big-league scouting, although his knowledge of the Yankees may be his biggest asset. “Absolutely, whatever I can give ‘em to help, I can do that,” Eiland told the St. Petersburg Times. “And I’ve got plenty of (secrets to share). They’re the enemy now.”
There’s only one thing left for the Yanks to do. Bring this man back.
In all seriousness, I don’t think this means much. Pro scouting reports have pitcher’s repertoire, tendencies, weaknesses, etc. Everyone in Baseball knows each others players along with what they do well and what they don’t, if anything the job of a pitching coach is to manage that profile and try to help the player overcome what everyone already knows about him. On the professional level in most sports, it really comes down to execution. Dave lives down in Florida, and with the personal issues he had last year that forced him to take a month off mid-season it appears he wanted to be close to home. I always liked Dave Eiland and I wish him well on a personal level, if not the team he now works for.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees