Mark Feinsand with the news:
Alfredo Aceves had surgery on Tuesday, Nov. 30, at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to repair a fractured left clavicle sustained in a bicycle-riding accident in Mexico. Surgery was performed by Yankees Team Physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad. Aceves has been prescribed six weeks of initial rest and will need a total of three months for full rehabilitation.
Brett Gardner is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday, Dec. 7, at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital for right wrist tendinitis. He is expected to be ready for the start of spring training.
Gardner dealt with wrist issues for much of the second half of the season, and many have theorized that his statistical dip in that portion of the year can be attributed to the injury. Gardner did hit fewer line drives down the stretch than he did in the two months prior to the injury, so there may be something to this theory.
As for Aceves, I doubt the Yankees are counting on him to be a major cog in the 2011 bullpen, but he could be a pleasant surprise if he can return to full strength and perform as he did prior to his back injury. He can serve as a swingman and fill the role that was shared by such luminaries such as Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre in 2010. Aceves is almost certain to be an improvement over those arms, and his return would add much needed depth to a bullpen that will likely miss Kerry Wood.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees