The full quote, from @LohudYankees:
“He’s our DH. That’s what he is, unless he plays himself off it.”
This sounds like Jorge is not going to do any catching, something that I do not think many of us expected. Jesus Montero will likely be given the opportunity to win the full-time job, with Francisco [...]
A mystery chart! Find out who Player X is below.
Yankees heard from friend of Pettitte’s that he’s def retiring, altho that was three weeks ago. Still waiting on his decision.
Obviously, Andy’s retirement would be a big blow for the Yankees. It would make acquiring Cliff Lee even more imperative, and would force the Yankees to consider addressing the other hole [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Pat Gillick was an accomplished baseball executive for well over 40 years, including 27 seasons as a general manager for four different franchises. Although he isn’t a blight on the Hall of Fame, his election this afternoon by the new Expansion Era committee process [...]
I’m as sick of talking about it as everyone else, but given how frequently we’ve discussed Derek Jeter‘s impending-contract-of-doom this offseason, it seems like it’s at least worthy of closure now the Captain is finally back in the fold.
After all was said and done, the Yankees [...]
As I am sure most of you have heard, the Nationals handed outfielder Jayson Werth a monumental 7-year, 126 million dollar deal yesterday. Werth is an excellent all-around player, but he is also 32, has had injury issues, and does not have an extensive track record as an elite player. The deal sent ripples throughout [...]
The Yankees have had a looming designated hitter opening ever since Hideki Matsui‘s knees stopped working. After much unpopular speculation last offseason that the Yankees would forgo a permanent DH and rotate some of their aging superstars through the position instead, the team [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees