So, it appears that Mo didn’t get the raise he wanted, but he got his two years. This was definitely a foregone conclusion, but it’s nice to see it done. At [...]
Between RAB taking a look at the possible benefits of signing the recently non-tendered Scott Hairston, and the news this afternoon of the Braves non-tendering Matt Diaz, I wanted to take a look at whether any of the new non-tenders might [...]
(The following is being syndicated from The Captain’s Blog).
Before the ink had tried on Troy Tulowitzki’s 10-year, $157.8 million contract extension, several pundits questioned the wisdom of the Rockies’ decision to enter into such a long-term pact, especially after the team’s experience with Mike Hampton and Todd Helton (the fallacy [...]
[image title="Cooperstown1006" size="full" id="23417" align="center" linkto="full" ]Earlier this week, my post on John Franco and the Hall of Fame inspired some great discussion. Posters commented on my opinions and the HOF cases for Trevor Hoffman and Goose Gossage. This topic interests me quite a bit, so I’d like to open it up a bit [...]
The fine folks at RAB have the news:
A non-tender candidate as tomorrow’s midnight deadline approaches, Mitre instead was tendered a contract by the Yanks and will sign for a $900,000 base salary. He can earn another $200,000 in incentives, Jerry Crasnick reported this evening. At that price, Mitre is a fine notch on [...]
The Yankees have a bunch of looming decisions. The most immediate decision has to deal with offering arbitration/tendering offers to Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, Dustin Moseley, Sergio Mitre, and Boone Logan. There are two no brainers in here: yes, offer arbitration or tender contracts to Phil Hughes and Joba Chamberlain. They’re definitely deserving of it [...]
My initial supposition upon completing a look at how Yankee lefthanded starting pitchers have fared since 2002 (minimum 15 starts) at Yankee Stadium and on the road was that New York southpaws would have evinced superior home numbers, due in part to the prevailing wisdom that (good) lefthanders can significantly [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees