While attempting to sleep last night, an idea popped into my head. Why not have some fun and rank the top-20 Yankee prospects by ceiling alone? Here’s the list I scratched down late at night, with some comments on what their ceiling looks like. I excluded mostly busted prospects so not to make the list too silly. Sorry, Garrison Lassiter. I also excluded some IFAs that I don’t really know a lot about. Here is the list.
- Jesus Montero – Poor defensive catcher who slugs .600
- Gary Sanchez – Good defensive catcher who slugs .500
- Dellin Betances – Josh Beckett on a good day
- Manuel Banuelos – Cliff Lee
- Andrew Brackman – A right-handed Randy Johnson, but not as good
- Melky Mesa – Somewhere between Granderson-2006 and Granderson-2010
- Slade Heathcott – Hard to compare, but I’ll say Mike Cameron
- Angelo gumbs – A shortstop who can hit home runs
- Mason Williams – A little slower than Brett Gardner, but with 10-12 HRs
- Evan Rutckyj – Pick your power lefty starter
- Brett Marshall – Pick your power righty starter
- Austin Romine – Good defensive catcher who slugs .450, but lowish OBP
- Jose Ramirez – A strong across the board power starter
- Matt Gamel – A high-average, modest power left fielder
- Graham Stoneburner – Derek Lowe
- Robert Segedin – An all-around above average third baseman
- Hector Noesi – James Shields
- David Adams – Orlando Hudson with merely above average defense
- Cito Culver – The good years of Marco Scutaro
- Corban Joseph – Mark Ellis
Don’t take the list too seriously. Its all pie in the sky stuff anyway. But hey, its fun to think about. What do you guys think?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees