Maury Brown checks in with a tidbit on a rule change that I only learned about last night:
Brian Wilson had barely gotten the last out in the deciding Game 5 of the 2010 World Series, when MLB’s Hot Stove season began in earnest. As 2010’s season ends, the information passed on by the MLB Players Association shows that baseball season really never ends.
Following the final out of the 2010 World Series, the below 142 players became free agents pursuant to Article XX B (2) of the Basic Agreement.
Per recent changes to the free agent provisions of the Basic Agreement, the exclusive negotiating period for free agents and their current clubs has been shortened to 5 days (from 15 days). Beginning the sixth day, free agent players are eligible to negotiate and sign with any Club.
This means that free agents can sign with new clubs starting on Sunday, such that it seems likely that Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera actually get to free agency. However, it seems pretty clear that both will sign, so the shorter deadline is more relevant in terms of targeting players from other teams. Click through to see the list of 142 free agents. I went through the list and picked out the players that I could see the Yankees at least kicking the tires on, depending on how some of the dominoes fall:
Jerry Hairston Jr.
Most of this list is made up of lefty relievers and right-handed bats for the Marcus Thames role. There are only a few bigger names, with Cliff Lee obviously the most significant prize.
Did I miss anyone? Is there anyone who you would remove from this list?
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees