Last night, several members of the Yankeeist faithful were discussing (and subsequently torn on) the legitimacy of Derek Jeter’s defensive evaluation. Evidently, Jeter’s peers (comprised of managers and players) felt his defensive performance on the field warranted a fifth Gold Glove award. As to be expected, a significant portion of baseball fans [...]
Ever since Derek Jeter was handed another Gold Glove award yesterday, the old debate about fielding metrics and their value has once again come to the forefront of baseball discussion on the internet. The statheads have decried Jeter being awarded the honor, pointing to practically every available metric to show that Jeter is an awful [...]
Earlier today we looked at some hypothetical 2011 Yankee lineups using the recently released 2011 Bill James projections, and this afternoon we’ll take a look at some of James’ pitching projections.
The Yankees’ plan for the 2010 offseason has taken some shape over the last 24 hours, with the ball beginning to roll on three of the most important issues facing the club:
1) Brian Cashman told Jorge Posada that he will be competing with Jesus Montero for the starting catcher job:
“Cashman told Posada [...]
The Hot Stove season has been rather cold, and not much has happened on the Yankee front, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t things we can discuss, even if briefly.
The Yankees have contacted Cliff Lee’s agent, and the Red Sox have contacted Jayson Werth’s agent
Shocked. I’m absolutely SHOCKED by both of these developments. [...]
Joel Sherman of the New York post had a terrific piece this morning where he breaks down an under reported and analyzed option for the Yankee-Jeter negotiations. Offering him arbitration and pursuing it to its conclusion should he accept. He writes:
If the Yankees believe Jeter will reject they [...]
Not quite sure how I missed this, but Fangraphs added the 2011 Bill James projections on Monday. In the vast wasteland of offseason nothingness that has enveloped my baseball-obsessed soul, this is like manna from heaven.
This will be the first in what [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees