Here’s how this series feels right now:
–Quint at the end of “Jaws”, sliding towards the shark.
–Barry Pepper’s character Jackson at the end of “Saving Private Ryan” watching the tank gun slowly rise.
–The annoying boss on his car phone in “Independence Day” watching the cars/fire coming at him.
–Princess Leia [...]
“Sorry for knocking your mask off with a wild pitch, man”. Photo courtesy of daylife.com
Earlier today I speculated that the Yankees would stack a lefty-heavy lineup against Tommy “Canada’s Country Gentleman” Hunter, using Swisher in the two-hole and featuring Posada, Berkman, Granderson and Gardner at the bottom of [...]
So far in the ALCS the Yankees have played about as badly as one can imagine and the Rangers have played extremely well. The end result is a 2-1 deficit that the Yankees are lucky to have. Texas has thoroughly out-performed the Bombers in 26 of the series’ 27 innings.
The Yankee Universe now [...]
MLBTR has the word:
The Cubs signed manager Mike Quade to a two-year deal with a club option for 2013, according to the team. Quade, 53, became Chicago’s interim manager on August 23rd after Lou Piniella retired. He was the team’s third base coach from 2007-10 after managing the Triple-A Iowa Cubs for four [...]
With Cliff Lee making a mockery out of the Yankees offense and a late-inning bullpen implosion, the only positive storyline to emerge from last night’s game was Andy Pettitte. The Yankees required a quality start if there was ever going to be any possibility of defeating Lee [...]
We all know that Cliff Lee was outrageous last night, hurling eight innings of shutout ball while yielding two hits and striking out 13. According to Baseball-Reference, there have only been 21 postseason games where a starting pitcher had a Game Score of 90 or higher, and [...]
It’s time to forget about Cliff Lee, about RISP, about 13:1 K/BB ratios, about a 2-1 series deficit, about Cliff Lee, about a Game 7 started by Cliff Lee, about the 9th inning bullpen implosion, about the Yankees’ starter this evening and about, of course, Cliff Lee. Let’s focus on Tommy Hunter. There are a [...]
Yesterday, I looked at Andy Pettitte’s post season numbers (how great was he last night?) and compared them to his regular season numbers. I then hinted that I’d do the same with Derek Jeter. This doesn’t include his numbers from last night’s game.
We all know the story of Derek Jeter: great contact hitter who [...]
For as rough as the pitching has been for the Yankees (non-Andy Pettitte division) in the 2010 ALCS, outside of the eighth inning of Game 1 the team offense has been an even bigger issue.
While a dominating start from Cliff Lee has at this point become a [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees