When writers such as the media pundits in the Daily News and New York Post used to bemoan late MLB playoff starting times, I would roll my eyes at their complaints. They came off as crotchety old men who were out of touch with the bulk of the fanbase. Baseball games starting in prime time [...]
(Moshe asked me to repost this, and so I have)
The baseball playoffs are just three days old, but already there seem to be certain things that we’ve, if not necessarily learned anew, then have had reinforced to the point where it’s almost comical.
1) What postseason jitters?
In their first career postseason starts, Roy [...]
In the aftermath of a game in which Andy Pettitte, Lance Berkman and Curtis Granderson have rightly been receiving the majority of the acclaim, I wanted to take a moment to give Kerry Wood some highly deserving props.
Brian Cashman acquired Wood at the trade [...]
OK Orlando, here comes a fastball. Ready? Strike three. Photo courtesy of daylife.com
Back in July the Yankees and the Rays both acquired bullpen arms to prepare for the stretch run. At the time, I was torn between which team got the better reliever. In my piece Wood vs. [...]
You can bet on the following: Death. Taxes. The sun rising. And Andy Pettitte coming up big in a big playoff game.
It was only a single game, but with his 7-inning, 2-ER, 88-pitch performance against the Twins, it looks as though Pettitte has regained the All-Star form he was showing before [...]
Yesterday, I went to work at 4 PM. By the time I got out, the Yankees had already defeated the Minnesota Twins 5-2 to take a two games to none lead in the American League Division Series. (Sidebar: anyone need SAT tutoring?)
What I wanted to see most was Andy Pettitte. He had one good [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees