Remember the response piece I wrote to Will Leitch regarding his assertion that the Yankees won’t win the 2010 World Series? Well it turns out they used a pull quote from my post in the Comments section of this past week’s issue of New York Magazine. Which means this is the first-ever instance of the Yankeeist name appearing in actual, physical print! Unfortunately I wasn’t quoted by name, nor was the URL given, though in NY Mag’s defense they never seem to print the actual web addresses of the blogs they cite. Please click on the thumbnail photo at the left to enlarge.
3. With the World Series just around the corner, Will Leitch took the opportunity to detail why the No. 1 team in the American League will not win it all this year (“Bronx Mirage,” September 13). Yankees fans were predictably riled. “There are a couple of key factors Mr. Leitch conveniently leaves out,” noted the blogger at Yankeeist. “(a) There’s still a month left of the season for the Yankees to sort things out; and (b) Every other team the Yankees will potentially face has their share of problems and question marks as well.” “We have more speed this year and just as much pop in our starting lineup and off the bench,” argued one commenter on nymag.com. “As much as the Yanks are not overwhelming this year, they have the best record for a reason. They are the best team, and everyone has to figure them out, not the other way.”
And if that wasn’t awesome enough, Matt’s piece on Derek Jeter‘s acting job last week was cited by The Wall Street Journal’s The Daily Fix sports blog on Thursday. Matt’s pull quote is as follows:
Matt Warden of Yankeeist.com deemed Jeter’s move “Machiavellian” and was not impressed with his tactics. “These actions don’t reflect good taste,” Warden writes. “Bending the rules might be beneficial during that moment, but it doesn’t exactly uphold any ideal of integrity.”
New York Magazine and The Wall Street Journal. Two of the absolute biggest names in publishing. We couldn’t have done it without you, our readership, and so I hope you don’t mind if we’re just a tad bit excited about all this.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees