The response to my Cito Culver post earlier this week put an interesting question in my head. Here are the comments:
Richard Deegan: It’s about having people on the ground and getting into all corners, especially “home” (well, at least NY) turf. That’s how the Cards got The Man, while the Pirates dozed.
Prior to starting this WAR endeavor, I was initially most interested in the story that the numbers told on the topic of MLB’s third basemen in terms of value. Likewise, Alex Rodriguez will always be a major point of interest for me in general. How often do you have a player who’s so completely [...]
The conventional wisdom would seem to say that after CC Sabathia starts Game 1 in the ALDS, Andy Pettitte will go in Game 2 followed by Phil Hughes in Game 3 and A.J. Burnett in Game 4.
That sounds reasonable enough, and I’m sure there are plenty of fan-managers out there who concur. However, I [...]
On Tuesday I looked at every home run yielded by Phil Hughes at home this season. In doing so, I was able to draw a distinction between home runs that were no doubters and ones that appeared to be squeakers. Of the 18 home runs yielded at home, 6 appeared to be slightly fluky. By [...]
With the Yankees’ postseason ticket all but punched and the Red Sox missing the postseason for the first time since 2006 all but official, this weekend’s Yankees-Red Sox set represents the first time since the end of the 2008 season that a series between the two teams will be met [...]
Yesterday, I wrote about how I think Javier Vazquez, along with Ivan Nova, had a decent case for making the post season roster. After last night, I’m not too sure.
What has happened to Javier Vazquez this year–the poor results, the drop in velocity–is really quite sad. I, among others, wrote that Vazquez could [...]
Earlier this season I investigated Joba Chamberlain‘s peripherals. When I had the idea for the post I thought I would discover an obvious problem in Joba’s numbers — too many home runs for example, or too high a walk rate. Instead, I was stunned to discover that Joba has actually improved his [...]
This one doesn’t even deserve a snappy title. Staked to a 2-0 lead on a Marcus Thames two-run bomb off David Price in the second, CC Sabathia clearly didn’t have his best stuff, laboring through 5 1/3 innings, his shortest outing since lasting only five on May [...]
Batting AB R H RBI BB SO BA OPS John Jaso DH 2 2 1 0 3 0 .267 .760 Ben Zobrist CF 3 0 1 1 2 0 .246 .717 B.J. Upton CF 0 0 0 0 0 0 .234 .740 Carl Crawford LF 5 1 2 2 0 0 .306 .850 Evan Longoria [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees