Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, when I was convinced the team was ready to turn things around and right the ship, the Yankees (and Joe Girardi) managed to find an even tougher way to lose.
Prior to the most obvious walk-off home run in the world [...]
When I heard that today is Bernie WIlliams’ 42nd birthday, I thought it would be interesting to look back at his career and the possibility of his reaching the Hall of Fame. Another angle I considered was his bitter split with the Yankees at the end of his career, as it may be instructive when [...]
Note: Given the plethora of posts today, please make sure to click here for Yankeeist’s Yankees-Rays Series Preview in case you missed it.
After carrying the offense for the first five months of the year, Robinson Cano — along with any last shreds of hope he may have [...]
Murray Chass took a shot at the sabermetrically inclined on his blog this morning:
Is there something about baseball’s fad statistics and their devotees that turns that group into people who cannot be civil and use the English language to express themselves intelligently? I don’t know what it might be, but there seems to [...]
After watching this past series against the Rangers, one thing has become increasingly evident: Texas has a new weapon in its arsenal. More specifically, they have speed. The Rangers completely victimized the Yankees on the basepaths in what seemed like every conceivable way. Typically, I associate this aggressive style of play with teams like Tampa [...]
The Yankees go into Tampa Bay for a 3 game set with the Rays this week with the AL East lead on the line. With both teams comfortably ahead of the next best wild card contender, the results of this series and the AL East race are only relevant in terms of determining playoff matchups [...]
In yesterday’s recap, Larry provided several convincing reasons why Yankee fans shouldn’t hit the big red panic button quite yet despite relatively dismal performances against the Orioles and Rangers. However, the Yankees do have some concerns that could prove critical in the playoffs.
One such concern includes the defensive play (or lack thereof) by [...]
We can agree on that, right? I mean my Mo did the Yankees look terrible over the weekend or what?
First there was the 18 men left on base on Friday night after a blown save by Joba.
Then there was the comeback on Saturday, followed by a rare Mariano Rivera outing in which he [...]
The Yankees (87-56) head down to Tampa (86-56) tonight for their fifth set of the season with the Rays, who they have gone 5-6 against thus far in 2010 and hold a scant 1/2 game lead over for first place in the AL East. This also marks a second straight [...]
I’ll be discussing potential playoff opponents later today, but I have been having a discussion with a number of people on Twitter about the possible playoff rotation and wanted to bring the issue up here. The schedule for the first round, no matter the opponent, is as follows:
Game 1: October 6th
Game 2: [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- many dresses are especially for wedding or for other events2 on Chuck Johnson on Chase Whitley
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees