In Monday’s A’s series preview I wrote “Sabathia should dominate the A’s lineup and I expect the big man to come through once again in this contest.” Obviously this was far from a bold proclamation, but nevertheless it feels good to be validated. And it [...]
It also happened to be hit out of the park by the wrong team. In the fourth inning of last night’s game, Kevin Kouzmanoff sent a two-run shot out of the park. The ball sounded like a no-doubter coming off [...]
As Derek Jeter’s free agency draws closer, fans and analysts alike are having difficulty imagining what his next contract will look like. On one hand, you have an aging shortstop in the midst of one of the worst years of his career. On the other hand, you have the “face of the franchise”, an iconic [...]
Just about everyone knows Carl Crawford is an excellent player — some are even convinced he’s the best player at his respective position. Without sounding too much like Crawford’s agent, I intend to make my case for why the Yankees would benefit from need Carl Crawford.
1) The man has wheels. Fangraphs [...]
Dallas Braden gained some notoriety a few months ago by jawing at Alex Rodriguez after A-Rod ran across “Braden’s mound” on his way back to first base following a foul ball. It was an unwritten rule that many had never heard before, and was a popular topic of discussion for a few days back in [...]
Derek Jeter seems to have developed a rather nasty habit this season; well, one that isn’t just his near 70% groundball rate. And, to be fair, it’s not exactly a habit. It’s just something we’ve never quite seen from Jeter: a massive platoon split.
In Derek Jeter’s career, not including last night, he has a [...]
Recently Yankeeist broke down the pitchers for the other AL teams who appear playoff-bound at this point in the season. Given the question marks surrounding the Yankee pitchers, now seems like a good time to take a closer look at the players taking the mound for the good guys.
CC Sabathia [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees