The Yankees beat the A’s 4-3 Wednesday night, and in doing so not only secured a series victory — with a sweep a possibility tomorrow afternoon — but picked up their fifth straight win, marking their first five-plus win stretch since mid-July, a streak that also coincidentally included
Continuing with Monday’s post, I am reviewing things that surprised me while away for three months. The first five items on Monday dealt with players more established in the system. Now, its time for the fresh out of the box surprises.
6. Adam Warren is the real deal.
After steamrolling the Athletics the past two evenings, the Yankees will run into a tougher opponent tonight. His name is Brett Anderson.
Photo courtesy of Daylife.com and Getty Images
Brett Anderson has just about everything you’d want in a starting pitcher. To start, he’s a baby. Born in 1988, Anderson is [...]
The Monday night game featured a six run first inning for the Yankees; they gave up three in the top half and then scored three in the bottom half. Maybe it was just confirmation bias since I’d just seen it happen, but I thought “The Yankee pitchers don’t seem so hot in the first inning [...]
It’s hard to believe five months of the baseball season are now in the books. As we’ve done in every month of the season thus far, we are pleased to present Yankeeist’s August 2010 monthly wrap-up. For previous monthly wrap-ups, please click on the following links:
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees