After being on the receiving end of Toronto home run after home run for a good portion of the 10 games the two teams had played thus far, the Yankees finally flexed a little muscle of their own, pumping five home runs on their way to an 11-5 victory over the Blue Jays.
Dustin Moseley was much better against Toronto this time around, throwing six innings and only giving up two runs (and no extra-base hits!) to a very dangerous Blue Jay lineup. Heck, Jose Bautista didn’t even hit any Jose Bautistas! Chad Gaudin gave up three runs of his own in two innings, but he could afford to given that the Yankees had jumped out to an 11-2 lead. And Kerry Wood continued to look very good, pitching a 1-2-3 ninth with two strikeouts.
The Yankees unloaded on Mark Rzepczynski for six runs and Brian Tallet for five, and it felt great to finally give the Jays a taste of their own medicine. Mark Teixeira went deep (and had three more hits), Marcus Thames hit a two-run bomb (not to mention two additional hits and a walk), Jorge Posada and Derek Jeter hit solo shots and Curtis Granderson pumped a three-run blast.
Phil Hughes and Brett Cecil square off in the rubber match tonight, and it’d be phenomenal to see the Yankees pick up their third straight series win and knock the pesky Blue Jays down a few more notches.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees