So that Ricky Romero is a pretty good pitcher, huh?
After allowing a shocking leadoff walk to Derek Jeter (not to worry, he grounded out in each of his three remaining at-bats), Romero got a sharp line-out from Nick Swisher — one of the only Yankees hitting the ball with any authority of late — gave up a two-run home run to Mark Teixeira, and from that point on essentially Perfect Gamed the Yankees, retiring 26 of 27 batters en route to a two-hit 8-2 complete game victory. Gulp.
Oh, and the Rays took sole possession of first place on yet another win, but that’s no surprise since they’ll be going 56-0 the rest of the season.
Dustin Moseley didn’t even pitch that badly (five runs over 7 1/3) but his few mistakes were costly, as the Toronto Extra Base Hits picked up seven more extra-base hits, bringing their two-game total to a ridiculous 15 extra base hits. In fact, not only are the Extra Base Hits slugging .670(!!) as a team over these last two games, but Toronto had more home runs — four — than the Yankees had hits in this game.
This was the Yankees’ fourth loss in their last five games, and in three of those losses they held a 2-0 lead after a two-run homer in the first inning. Quite simply, they haven’t been getting it done on either the hitting or pitching side of the ledger.
The Yanks have now lost three straight for only the third time all year. The team is “hitting” a dreadful .219/.292/.397 over the last seven days, and that includes the 8 and 11 runs they put up against the Indians last week. From what I can tell this was only the second time all year they were held to two hits.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees