The Yankees fell to the Royals 4-3 last night in a rain-delayed game featuring some not-great pitching from Dustin Moseley and the Bombers’ continued inability to get much of anything going at the plate. The Yankees have a .307 wOBA in August and have now been held to three runs or less in seven of their last 14 games. They’ve lost the game in each and every one of those instances. The Yankees have also now already equaled their number of losses from July and we’re not even halfway through August yet. So yes, it’s been a rather ugly month thus far.
Scoring only three runs against a pitcher as inept as Kyle Davies is pretty inexcusable, and managing only four baserunners after the fifth inning is just as bad. Games like this are obviously going to happen over the course of a baseball season, but it’s still pretty frustrating to a lose a one-run game to a team as bad as the Royals are.
The only reasons why this one doesn’t sting worse is due to some crazy goings-on in the American League last night, namely the Rays getting shutout by the suddenly on-fire Buck Showalter-led Orioles, and the BoSox yet again losing in heartbreaking fashion, this time blowing a six-run lead.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees