There are a few things bouncing about in Yankee land, and here’s what I think of them…
First off, after last night’s performance, how much longer does Chad Gaudin have in pinstripes? I feel like we’ve asked this question at least five times, yet Gaudin’s still survived. I’d have no problem with getting rid of Gaudin and recalling Jonathan Albaladejo. This could also free up a 40-man spot if the Yankees want to add anyone before September 1st. It also could clear roster space if the Yankees make a late waiver trade…
…because they’re apparently interested in Hiroki Kuroda. This wouldn’t be a bad move, even though his salary for the rest of the year, about $2.7M, as it could help solidify the rotation and could, as reader Jamal said last night, he could become the Yankees best right handed starter because…
…Javier Vazquez will have his next start skipped in favor of Ivan Nova. This may be a little too soon on Nova, but with the way Javy has pitched of late, it’s hard to argue with. Acquiring another SP through a waiver trade, however unlikely, would be an improvement. While Nova did pitch well and could do the same going forward, a rotation that includes both he and Dustin Moseley is a little shaky. Hurry back, Andy!
The bullpen may also be getting another boot after Alfredo Aceves did some rehab work in Trenton last night. Mike Ashmore told me last night that Ace’s curveball was looking very good and his command was solid while he sat at 88-90 MPH. If Ace can come back in September, that’ll help the Yankees tremendously. It gives them another reliever who can go multiple innings, and that could help rest the starters down the stretch.
If Aceves does return and is effective, it could lead to a roster crunch/competition come playoff time. A Damaso Marte return also complicates this, considering how well Boone Logan has pitched lately. My guess is that the guy who is pitching worst of Mitre/Moseley/Gaudin will be gone–hell, maybe both of them will be–while Aceves and Marte stay on for the playoffs.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
- 手機外殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees