Okay, let’s yell a little bit, huh?
1. The last two games? Awful. Annoying. Terrible. The pitching was great in one and acceptable in the other. I can’t really get mad at Joba Chamberlain for the Miguel Cabrera home run. Miggy is an absolute monster and hit a home run on a ball that most players definitely can’t. I’m gonna be honest right now: Miguel Cabrera scares the hell out of me as a batter. He’s like Valdimir Guerrero when Vlad was in constant beast mode. There just seems to be no way to pitch to Cabrera. Anyway, Sergio Mitre did well in relief so I have to give him credit for that (I need a shower now) and Kerry Wood keeps racking up the K’s. Vazquez, whom I’ve already discussed, however, looks a bit tired.
2. WTF offense? Any time you’d like to show up that’s great. After the first inning of the Bullington game, I think I can count the amount of hard hit balls by the Yankees. Curtis Granderson had three last night and Austin Kearns and Derek Jeter each had one. I’m probably wrong, but that’s what it felt like. I was, however, encouraged to see Francisco Cervelli and Brett Gardner taking all the way against Jose Valverde in the ninth. Then Derek Jeter grounded into his second DP of the night. Per Moshe’s Tweets from last night, Jeter is just beating the ball into the ground. Someone–Jeter, Kevin Long, Joe Girardi–needs to get to work on this.
3. I really don’t know what else to say. I guess I’ll close on this: these last few games are just two of 162. And, it’s taken the Yankees a really bad August–6-9 thus far–for there to be a tie for first place. The Yankees may not have looked good in the last two-three weeks, but they’re still in first place and six games up on a playoff spot on the loss side. That’s good. Really good. The Yankees may not have clicked recently but I’m willing to be they will. Granted, it will be harder with Lance Berkman, Nick Swisher, and Alex Rodriguez out day-to-day. Still, though, to lose confidence in this team after a rough 15 game stretch is beyond ridiculous.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
- Dorothy Silvan on Pineda’s Torn Labrum, or Does the lemon law apply to baseball?
- tao of badass on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- tube launch review on Why Has Attendance Fallen Year-To-Year?
- Evon Znidarsic on Teixeira MRI Update, Babe Ruth Pitching In Pinstripes, And Jeter’s Gift Baskets
- Sacramento PC Repair on Yanks finally sign non-Yankee free agent in Russell Martin
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees