As you know, I love numbers, so let’s dive into some fun Yankee numbers:
–Robinson Cano leads the Yankees with 2.46 WPA. Nick Swisher has the most +WPA (9.06) but Cano has less -WPA (-6.46 to Swisher -6.69).
–Robinson Cano leads the team with a .398 wOBA. Nick Swisher is second with a .394 wOBA.
–Robinson Cano leads the Bombers with 5.2 WAR (FanGraphs); Nick Swisher comes in second with 3.3 WAR. Are you beginning to sense the pattern here?
–Predictably, CC Sabathia leads all Yankee pitchers in WAR with 3.1. Both Mariano Rivera (1.8) and Joba Chamberlain (1.4) have more WAR than A.J. Burnett (0.8) and Javier Vazquez (0.6).
–David Robertson is 5th in the AL (min. 30 IP) with 10.94 K/9. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that number rises. Chicks dig the curveball, my friends.
–Catching prospect Gary Sanchez has a .611 slugging percentage and a .233 IsoP. He has 21 singles and 13 XBH (9 2B, 4 HR).
–As a LFer, Brett Gardner has a 7.0 raw UZR; Curtis Granderson has a 3.7 raw UZR mark as a CFer. I like this a lot. Robinson Cano’s 5.8 UZR is fantastic, too. But Rob Neyer told me the Yankees don’t care about defense…
–Alex Rodriguez and Jorge Posada (255) are tied for 7th all time on the Yankee home run list. Sixth place belongs to Bernie Williams (287).
That’s it for now. Have a good weekend everybody. I’ve got my last softball game of the season tonight before heading off the the shore for the weekend with my girlfriend. Have a great weekend, everyone! Go Yankees! Bury Boston!
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees