I don’t know about you, but between the busiest trade deadline Baseball has had in years and two nail biters between the Rays and Yanks, I’m pretty wiped out. Here are some quick links with the best stuff I’ve read over the past few days.
-Greg Fertel over at Pending Pinstripes has an organizational leader board chart that I just love. Quick, handy way to see who’s really performed this year for the Yankee farm system.
-A-Rod tells everyone to get comfortable, this is going to take a while. No kidding, Alex.
(UPDATE: Alex out of today’s lineup)
-Mike Francesa’s gonna be pretty bummed out over this one. His future Yankee CF and favorite fair haired boy Nate McLouth has been sent down to the Braves AAA Gwinnet club. What a fall from grace for a guy who hit 26 dingers playing CF and was an All Star a few years back.
-The Rangers really cleaned up acquiring Cliff Lee, Bengie Molina, Jorge Cantu, and Cristian Guzman. Maybe they should go bankrupt more often. The Yanks may have the best team in Baseball, but you can easily draw up scenarios where either the Rangers or Rays beat them in a short series.
-Quote of the week from old pal Johnny Damon:
- “I tried doing everything I could to get ready for this game,” Damon said after Detroit’s 6-5 win. “I know we’re very shorthanded. I wanted to come out and play in front of the Fenway crowd without wearing that Yankee uniform. But that looks like it’s going to have to wait.
-David Golebiewski of Fangraphs breaks down the Kerry Wood deal. Much like David Robertson, he got off to a slow start this year and has been much better of late. The injuries this year (strained Latissimus muscle in his back/blister on his right index finger) were nothing arm related. Maybe most importantly the stuff is still there. Pitching for a contract after a disastrous stint in Cleveland, I’m keeping an open mind on him.
-Not sure if this is NSFW or not.
-Mike Silva over @ NYBD has some quick facts on Lance Berkman. Don’t expect the guy from a few years ago who was one of the best sluggers in Baseball.
- Berkman came into this season with a lifetime .299 batting average. He’s hitting .245 this season and is down to .296 lifetime.
- Berkman has had 20+ homers for the last 10 seasons; he has 13 this year.
- His 19.6% strikeout percentage is the highest since he became a full-time major leaguer.
- From the left side of the plate, Berkman is hitting .188. Even Curtis Granderson is hitting .214 against lefties.
- Away from Minute Maid Park this season, Berkman is hitting .194
- Since the break, Berkman is hitting .179/1/6.
- Berkman is hitting .272 with runners in scoring position; .229 RISP/w 2 outs.
- Berkman has grounded in 12 double plays in 80 opportunities (15%).
- Berkman will have much more protection in the Yankee lineup: Astros hitting .240 with 69 homers. Yankees hitting .273 with 120 homers.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees