With September fast approaching and the Yankees 6.5 games clear of the Red Sox in the Wild Card race, I thought it would be interesting to try and figure out what the playoff roster might look like if the Yankees hold on to a postseason spot. With some injuries and strong performances from young players [...]
I hope that everyone had as amazing a summer as I did. I love the outdoors, and couldn’t think of a better way to spend the season than out in the woods. One of the downsides of being in the woods is that I don’t have much baseball information, especially minor league information, coming my way. [...]
The Athletics (65-64, 2nd place in the AL West) come to Yankee Stadium for the first and only time this season for a four-game set starting tonight. The teams have already seen each other twice before, and the Yankees [...]
Happy Monday, all. If you’re reading this before 3 PM, I’m stuck in “professional development” for middle school English teachers, even though I’m not technically a teacher. Such is life. Anyway, here’s what was running through my head during the weekend.
Friday night’s game was just embarrassing to watch. I’ve umpired Cal Ripken League games [...]
Over the last few days, while the Red Sox and Rays battled in Tampa, Yankee fans grappled with an interesting dilemma. With the Yankees tied for first place with Tampa and with Boston attempting to make it a 3 team race for two playoff spots, fans of the Bombers were unsure of who to root [...]
A day after a contest that saw 30 combined hits and 21 runs scored, the Yankees and White Sox engaged in a classic pitcher’s duel, with the Yankees emerging victorious 2-1. If you’d told me prior to this [...]
[image title="alg_aj-burnett" size="full" id="21006" align="center" linkto="full" ]
Imagine the following situation:
There is a team with the best record in the major leagues. Their ace is pitching incredibly well, with 2 consecutive months of ERA’s below 2.31. He shows no signs of tiring, and actually seems to be getting better as the season moves [...]
Feels like it’s been a while since we’ve seen a good old-fashioned 2004-2007 Yankees-style 12-9 slugfest, eh?
This may have been one of the craziest games of the year. Not only did the Yankees jump out to 6-1 and 10-5 leads and in both instances neither lead ended up [...]
Austin Romine, recently ranked the #2 prospect in the Yankee system by yours truly, is having a nightmarish 2nd half of the season. After starting strong in April and May (OPS’ing .917 and .858), Romine has struggled mightily over the summer, with his August OPS a paltry .509. Romine’s stats for the season are mediocre [...]
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
- 手機殼 on The Yankees’ Standing In The AL East Right Now
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees