This is something new that I’m gonna try and do every Friday. I’ll look back at some of the posts I’ve written during the week and see how I feel after a few days of after thought, as well as your responses. So, let’s get it started with Tuesday–I didn’t post Monday as I was still away.
I offered some commentary on what others had written over the last day or two. The biggest thing I saw here was that many of you think Brandon Laird will play a bigger role with the Yankees than what I “projected.” I’m still unsure of this. The only way I think this happens is after 2011. And, this is if Jesus Montero can handle catching every day, allowing A-Rod to DH. It also depends on Laird’s ability to play third. This seems like an unrealistic scenario. Larid’s biggest value to the Yankees is likely as a trade piece at sometime in the next year to year and a half.
Moving to Wednesday, I discussed Francisco Cervelli as well as David Robertson and Boone Logan. Nothing really earth shattering here. I think at this point we all agree that Cervelli is thoroughly “meh” back there and that the bullpen has rebounded well.
Finally we come to Thursday and my post about the Yankees’ winter moves. This is one that I’m a little less firm on than my others. Perhaps I erred here in not thinking enough about the short term. That, of course, matters more than I made it seem. Still, though, I think the long run will vindicate the Yankees in the Granderson deal.
It may seem like I’m doing this to possibly back track/waffle/flip flop/whatever you want to call it from statements I made earlier in the week, but I think it’s important that anyone who writes does a bit of self-examination every so often. I will most definitely take an opportunity to “correct” anything wrong in my previous week’s work, but I will also toot my own horn like it’s going out of style if I’m right on something.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees