After ranking RHP Andrew Brackman the #6 Yankee prospect on my top 10 list yesterday, it was interesting to read this great scouting report of Brackman by Frankie Piliere of Fanhouse. Piliere, who was less than impressed with Brackman’s stuff last season and in spring training this year, has noticed substantial improvement in the big righty’s repertoire. You can read the whole report here (and I highly recommend doing so, there’s a lot of info there). Piliere observed that Brackman’s mechanics look much cleaner and smoother than they have in the past. Additionally, Piliere notices that Brackman has more velocity and movement on his fastball than he has in the past (hitting 97, sitting 92-96), that his curveball has looked like a plus-plus pitch (7 on the 2-8 scouting scale), and that his changeup has become a quality pitch. Once again, I recommend you read the entire article to get the full report, but it is exciting to read about Brackman’s tangible improvements in mechanics and repertoire.
In other news, those of you unfortunate enough to be living in Red Sox country (including yours truly) can catch the Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees playing against the Pawtucket Red Sox on NESN. Jesus Montero is DH’ing and batting 5th, and is 0 for 1 so far. Juan Miranda hit a 3-run home run off Ramon Ramirez in the 1st inning, and David Phelps is on the hill for the Yankees.
Update, 7:37 PM: Phelps is dealing so far, shutting out the PawSox through 5 with 6 strikeouts and allowing just 3 hits. Jesus Montero just went yard off of a Ramirez curveball, hitting a shot to right-center and flashing his impressive opposite-field power.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Christina on Game Thread: Angels versus Yankees, Saturday July 14th
- walkfit platinum reviews on The TYA staff on the Yankees’ television and radio broadcast teams
- essentialtexting.com on Open Thread | Game 3 | Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees | Sunday, April 3, 2011
- www25.tok2.com on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- グッチ 財布 on Sunday Links-Joba’s Timetable, Comparing eras, Pineda
- raspberry ketone diet 1200 on Sabermetrics Doesn’t Have A Monopoly on Not-Stupid: Mike Trout is the AL MVP
- Free riot codes on Off-Topic
- Fran on The Great Subway Race
- sleeping bag hand Orientation on What about Austin Romine?
- camping stove heat diffuser on What about Austin Romine?
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees