This game was decided early. Phil Hughes was inefficient in the early innings, and was lucky to keep the Red Sox to only 2 runs on what seemed like 60 pitches in the opening frames. Jon Lester meanwhile kept the Yankees from recording their first hit until the 5th inning. The Yankee [...]
There was some discussion this weekend about Boston’s pitchers, and how Josh Beckett, the nominal ace of the Red Sox staff, really wasn’t the ace–and the fact that almost everyone who follows baseball would agree that Jon Lester has taken over this role.
So that got me wondering: what, exactly, designates an ace?
It can’t [...]
As I did at this time last season, I wanted to get a feel for who Yankees fans see as the most important players on the team. I will briefly list the names I believe people will raise with a brief blurb as to their case, and will then turn the discussion over to [...]
In 2005 the Yankees called up 22 year-old second-base prospect Robinson Cano and he responded by hitting 14 home runs in 132 games on his way to a .778 OPS. In 2006 he took a major step forward, hitting 15 home runs in 122 games while posting a solid tripleslash of .342/.365/.525. His walk [...]
Prior to this season, Baseball America ranked the Yankee farm system 22nd in baseball, as a handful of graduations and struggles from former top prospects left the team a bit thin everywhere but catcher. However, as Eric’s list shows, the system has been rejuvenated over recent months, and is now one of the better [...]
With their inactivity at the July 31st trade deadline and last night’s drubbing of Josh Beckett guaranteeing the Yanks a split of the four game series, it would be easy for Yankee fans to dismiss the 2010 Red Sox. The series has lacked its usual buzz, they’re 8 games back in [...]
Lance Berkman had 2 doubles on his 3 hit night while Derek Jeter passed Babe Ruth on the all-time hit list. The Yankees beat the Red Sox 7-2. A.J. Burnett was suffering from back spasms and was scratched for Dustin Moseley at the last minute. Burnett will pitch Tuesday.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
- related web site on The Great Subway Race
- get your lover back on Contact Us
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees