Very eventful week in Yankeeland, let’s just knock this one out bullet-point style
-Really touching piece about Suzyn Waldman recounting stories about the first time she met George, and their relationship throughout the years. I must admit I got teary eyed reading this on more than one occasion. Parts are laugh-out-loud funny, too. Check out this opening line by George the day she first met him-
“I like my women to spend my money and look real pretty,” Steinbrenner bellowed during their first face-to-face meeting in 1988. “I don’t like them to be pilots, policemen or sports reporters.”
-There’s been a zillion stories like this lately, all of them very touching. What I didn’t realize was that George insisted that they tell no one about what he did for them. George always felt that if more than two people knew about it, then it was done for the wrong reason.
-Tim McCarver makes an ass of himself. In other news, water is wet. The timing is also just great, Timmy. Get those shots in before the family gets to bury the man. Classy.
-One thing you could always say about George. Love him or hate him, he had a sense of humor.
-Andrew Marchand says that time is running out for Joba.
-Jeter’s slumping again this month (.178/.275/.200 in 45 ABs) and looks bad at the plate. He missed a fastball right over the middle of the plate in the 9th inning on Friday and a slider that had no bite right in his eyes. Anyone can miss a pitch, but two meatballs in a row makes you raise an eyebrow. Is he hurt? No idea, but as his age and after the bad stretch he had from May 3-19 (12 for 71/.169) you really start to wonder about him.
LIKE TYA ON FACEBOOK
- TYA To Merge With It’s About The Money, Stupid
- What about Kevin Youkilis?
- Teix Now Front And Center On The “Needs To Produce” Radar
- Cashman: Heathcott A Dark Horse Candidate
- A Dog Chasing Cars
- Outfield Trade Targets
- The Problem With Brett Gardner
- A Look At Relief Prospect Branden Pinder
- The Yankees Should Be Realistic, Put Team on Short Leash in 2013
- Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- Brand bc on Briefly discussing the internal options to replace Curtis Granderson
- http://2804lasela.wordpress.com/ on TYA Predictions: Bold predictions for 2012
- the tao of badass pdf on What about Austin Romine?
- Joey Parkhill on Dante Bichette Jr’s Swing
- lululemon factory outlet on Contact Us
- Cary on Will R.A. Dickey’s Knuckleball Succeed In A Domed Stadium?
- Brenna on Links: Prospects, Support for A-Rod, Mariano is Love and Who’s in Center?
- Louis Vuitton Outlet Sale Singapore on The Monthly Prospector: April Edition
- Authentic Louis Vuitton Outlet Store on The Monthly Prospector: June Edition
- Louis Vuitton Outlet San Diego on Banuelos to Undergo Tommy John Surgery, Yankees Prospectors to Undergo Grief Counseling
TagsA.J. Burnett Alex Rodriguez Andy Pettitte Austin Romine Baltimore Orioles Bartolo Colon Boston Red Sox Brett Gardner Brian Cashman Bullpen CC Sabathia Chien-Ming Wang Cliff Lee Curtis Granderson David Robertson Dellin Betances Derek Jeter Francisco Cervelli Freddy Garcia Game Recap Hiroki Kuroda Ivan Nova Javier Vazquez Jesus Montero Joba Chamberlain Joe Girardi Johnny Damon Jorge Posada Manny Banuelos Mariano Rivera Mark Teixeira Melky Cabrera Michael Pineda New York New York Yankees Nick Johnson Nick Swisher Phil Hughes Prospects Rafael Soriano Red Sox Robinson Cano Russell Martin Tampa Bay Rays Yankees